Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween!

Halloween!!!

Decorating for Halloween has been so much fun this year! It seems to be a holiday that is very accepting of homemade decorations.  So here are a few of mine.


First- My minion pumpkin :) I have to admit, I'm very proud of him.  If any of you don't know why I have a pumpkin that says "Banana!" go look up the minion banana song :)



Second-my milk jug monsters!  These are fairly simple to make.  

1-take off all the labels and colored plastic rings
2-use an x-acto knife or whatever you can and carefully cut a hole about as large as your fist. (That's for access to put a candle or lights in.
3-Paint it! I just used normal craft paint

If you are going to use a string of lights to light them up (like I did) then you'll need to cut another hole on the back to string the lights through.

If you are going to use candles, take off the cap and you have a perfect chimney.

I can't take all the credit for this craft.  I found the idea on pinterest and made it my own :)







Third- My cloth banner (of some sort).  My sister-in-law made a cute Easter egg one for the spring and helped me get started on this one.  I don't really have much instructions for it or a pattern, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out.



 




Last- My door monster :) I got this idea off of pinterest for sure :) I used plastic plates for the eyes and foam bowls for the white part of the eyes.  The rest was just crate paper.  I have a glass door in front of this one so it doesn't get wet.  If you don't have a second door I'd suggest using something water proof (depending on where you live).


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment